During this 3 months, I can just stand amazed in the presence of God how He just revealed His heart of love, hope and vision towards these people. Truly God has plans of peace and prosper towards every person of that nation.
This mission was mostly a “spying out the land mission” like Caleb and Joshua who went to spy out the promise land. And I can testify that God has great plans for that nation and He has esthablished in my heart and in the hearts of others that He has called me to the city of St Petersburg (SPB).
I had the great honor to travel to many cities and towns thoughout Russia, in tradtional Russian train (I was 72 hours on long-distance trains). I was also blessed to work with different ministries from “Orphanges” to “teaching English to Russian students”. I was also blessed to make many friends in Russia (other missionaries and many Russian people) God has trusted me with the vision He has for the people of SPB, and that will have noticeable impact on the rest of the world.
I am confident that God has called me to go again to Russia, and I believe that my second trip to that nation will be early next year for about a year to learn the Russian language and to join a ministry there, called 'WEG'. Until I go again to Russia, I will be for most of my time in Wellington where my main focus will be, to find sponsors for this calling God has upon SPB, and Russia.
Here is a list of the ministries I met and worked with during my time in Russia, this will give you a good idea of what I've done:
Moscow (I was in Moscow for 2 weeks):
Corrie Zaayman: a South African missionary in Moscow, who I was submitting my plans too, during my time I would also go to them just to regain my strenght and to bless him and his wife.
Rassa Church youth: I was serving with “the youth church” of that church, by helping at one of their Sunday's meeting and going to one of their prayermeetings.
Kazan (I was in Kazan for 4 days):
A Church: I was serving at a church in Kazan, meeting some of the youth leaders and interceded for the church
Ufa (I was in Ufa for 10 days):
Streetkids Ministry which is part of a Baptist Church: I was on a summercamp with nine other laders and about 9 streetkids and other kids of the community. The summercamp was 8 days long and we went down the river on rafts for the first 4 days and for the last 4 days we were on a campsite next to the river. T was a great time of just serving them and loving the children, like Christ love them.
SPB (I was in St Petersburg for about 2 months):
New Frontiers: The New Frontiers church group, is in the process of a church plant in SPB. I attended their meetings during my time in SPB, from prayer meetings to evening dinners to built relationships with the people of SPB. I also went with them to orphanages and I spent some quality time with them, just to built friendship relationships.
Lyle Thomas:
A missionary, whom I met 3 times. He was a great help but opening doors for me to meet different ministries in SPB.
WEG:
It is a ministries in SPB, which I met through Lyle Thomas and I serve with them at a conference for orphanage leaders. After that I went with them to an orphanage, attended a weekly prayermeeting and a monthly prayermeeting. I also went with them once to a village to evangelize their.
Their vision is to reach the orphanages in SPB, interceding and their long-term vision is to go and stay in a village and to spread the Gospel their.
Campus Crusade For Christ:
It is a ministry, which use the English language to evanglize to people. They have a weekly “English movie night” where they build relationship with Russians who can speak a bit of English and through the relationships points the students to Christ. I met them on a Bristish camp and events after the camp, hosted by Campus Crusade For Christ and a team of Britian and we shared the Gospel to the Russians and taught them English. It was also a time of building relationships with Russian students.
Wycliffe Bible Translations:
I served at Wycliffe for 2 weeks, they had a seminary for Russians speaking people all over Russia, who wants to enlarge their skills in speaking in English and belief that they are called as missionaries and this course helps them to learn the basics of being a missionary in practice. I served their as a volunteer.
YWAM and Students for Christ:
I met a husband (part of Students for Christ) and wife (part of YWAM). It was a short meeting at the end of my time in Russia, but it was quality time and they gave me possible ways of working with them in the future.
The one thing that stood out for me, in this time is this: The calling God has upon SPB and Russia is FAR to big for men, but possible for God, and the part I should play and every Christian is simply intercession and trusting God to established revival in that nation. Secondly, to love them like Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment